Property Management | WeMake Life Easier
Island Property Management is an exclusive property management company located in the heart of Wailea. Offering one of the
finest selections of independently managed Maui Villas, Island Property Management is a great choice for that discerning homeowner
seeking competitive management fees, personalized services, and the peace of mind that comes with professional property management.
The core competencies of IPM have been retooled from prototypical property management organizations in an attempt to provide the client with an efficient, cost effective, owner friendly management structure. High management fees have been eliminated, owner usage regulations have been omitted, and hidden fees (such as third-party commissions, marketing, and linen fees) have become non-existent. Our program is unparalleled in the industry and our results prove it!
“As an avid investor in Luxury Residential Real Estate I have gained first-hand knowledge of the complaints and frustrations associated with Professional Property Management. I established Island Property Management with the primary goal of eliminating those frustrations.”
Geoffrey Granum R(B) – President: Island Property Management
SALES AND MARKETING
- Understanding the Maui rental market is vital to success. Island Property Management will complete a thorough analysis of current market conditions, consumer trends and other rental factors to establish the most competitive rental scenario for your property.
- Island Property Management offers a comprehensive marketing plan that starts with the proper positioning of your property. This positioning is secured through:
- Mass Email Advertising
- A significant internet presence in both Mainland and International Markets
- Unique Travel Agent Networks on the East and West Coast
- Hawaii Based Real Estate Network + Referral Program
- Very successful past client/ referral program.
- The Island Property Management Website is an award wining site and is a great resource for all of our potential clients and tenants.
- All Island Property Management Villas have individual pages detailing the features and amenities of each property including:
- HD Photos
- Floor Plan
- Virtual Property Tour
- Availability Calendar
- Book On-Line Option
- Full accounting services are provided to all owners including:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Collection of GET and TAT Taxes
- Processing of monthly owner statements
- Annual summary of income, expenses, and overall unit performance
- Additional services that can be provided include management and payment of:
- HOA Fees
- Mortgage Payments
- Utility Payments
- Property Taxes.
- Island Property Management contracts with the following credit card merchants: American Express, MasterCard, and VISA.
- The Island Property Management Housekeeping Team will provide you with the peace of mind in knowing that your investment is being well maintained. Our housekeeping team offers the following services:
- Initial content and unit documentation with pictures
- Regular guest monitoring to insure total happiness and satisfaction
- Check-out inspections for damage to content or property
- Semi-annual deep clean
- A preventative maintenance program has been employed to ensure that your unit is maintained to a 5-star standard.
- Property Maintenance Schedule to Include:
- Weekly checkout inspections
- Quarterly AC and Trap Primer service (includes filter changes)
- Semi-annual deep clean service
- Semi-annual fabric and window cleaning service
- Annual property review (includes a comprehensive written report)
- Paint touch-ups
- Houseware package assessment
- Window and screen maintenance
- Cabinet and hinge maintenance
- Appliance maintenance
- Floor and grout maintenance
- Bathroom tile and grout maintenance
- Bathroom TP holder and towel rack maintenance
- Furniture maintenance and inspection
- TV and AV system evaluation and maintenance
- Electrical fixture maintenance
- Lanai assessment and maintenance
- On-line work order filing system
- Should a maintenance issue arise, an on-line work order form is available for all guests
- Immediate responses are guaranteed to ensure total guest satisfaction
- On-Site Manager to assist guests with items such as:
- Check-in questions
- Check-out questions
- Villa Questions
- Maintenance needs
- Our Private Guest Concierge is available to assist Owners and Guests with items such as:
- Delivery of groceries
- Delivery of baby equipment
- Private chef
- Dinner and Activity reservations
MANAGEMENT & STAFF
- A full-time Rental Manager is dedicated to overseeing the total management and performance of your unit. This manager will oversee:
- All rental activity
- Manage all schedules
- Maintain all accounting
- Manage all marketing
- Manage all maintenance
- Manage all guests
- Manage all owner requests and needs
What makes IPM different? The core competencies of IPM have been retooled from prototypical property management organizations in an attempt to provide the client with an efficient, cost effective, owner friendly management structure. High management fees have been eliminated, owner usage regulations have been omitted, and hidden fees (such as third-party commissions, marketing, and linen fees) have become non-existent. Our program is unparalleled in the industry and our results prove it!
What is the length of your standard management agreement? Our standard agreement is for 12 to 24 months from the effective date and renew for an additional year at the end of the term unless either party provides advanced written notification of their intent to cancel per the terms and deadlines of your management agreement.
How do I make reservations for myself, friends, or family? It is your Villa so, there are absolutely zero restrictions on owner usage! You are welcome to use the property during any open calendar dates. All Owner’s reservations are easily completed through our on-line booking system. Simply enter your dates of travel and follow the on-line ques to complete your booking. We will handle the rest.
How do you handle on-the-ground services? Most routine maintenance needs will be serviced through our maintenance specialist. For any specialty repairs such as HVAC or appliance repair, we only work with insured and accredited partners that have been vetted to ensure repair integrity and the best price possible.
Will you call me when my house needs repairs? Yes, IPM will make owners aware of any necessary repairs or replacements over the pre-approved amount, which is typically $500. The only exception is in a situation where delay could cause damage to the property or harm to the guest.
What is your process for handling emergency repairs? Whenever repair needs arise, we make every effort to make our owners aware and discuss remedies. That said, we do work to mitigate all damages that could continue if not addressed. With rare emergency repair events in mind, we take a proactive approach by first coming to an agreement with our owners on cost threshold they’re comfortable spending before first giving approval.
How do you handle questions and requests from guests? We handle everything from making reservations over the phone, to answering home specific questions such as in-home amenities, sleeping configurations, proximity to local attractions, to what the view is from the property to name a few. We’re able to accomplish this level of product knowledge because we have personally experienced these amenities and locations firsthand. This firsthand knowledge enables us to accomplish our goal to provide each guest with a unique experience that meets their individual needs. This high level of service creates loyal customers and long-standing relationships. For needs that come during the guest stay all guests have a direct line to IPM to actively manage all aspects of their vacation.
How are guest payments handled? We make the payment process as easy and convenient as possible. In accordance with our booking terms, we accept credit card and bank transfer payments directly from guests. We also offer our guests the convenience to make their payments online via our websites. Reservation balance payments are collected well in advance of each guest’s arrival. Any reservation set to arrive without first paying the balance will not be honored and they’d be unable to access the residence.
Do you handle all guest communication? Yes. Our guests may contact IPM at any time over the phone or via email. Our “always available” mantra is a huge key to our success.
Do you allow smoking in your properties? No. All IPM managed properties prohibit smoking.
What is your security deposit and how do you handle property damage? Each guest stay includes a mandatory charge for accidental damage protection. This protection includes coverages for accidents such as broken cutlery or removing spill stains from carpet. Per our terms and conditions, any guest damages will be covered via this policy.
Is there a cost to the owner for cleaning after a personal stay? In short, yes. We provide a full service clean and inspection following every stay, including owner stays. Owners are charged for the labor/time it costs us to ensure the home is guest ready again.
What if I already have forward reservations? There are a variety of ways we can handle this scenario, all of which we are open to discussing. IPM is amenable to negotiating on and accepting a reduced management fee, acknowledging that considerable expense went into confirm the transferred reservation.
Do you have any owner usage restrictions? It’s your home and you’re welcome to use it at your pleasure! We do not restrict when or how long our owners can utilize their properties. We do require that you reserve your property in advance to prevent any availability conflicts with guest stays.
Do I have to commit to a certain amount of availability? You do not. It is our goal to maximize your revenue. This goal can only be achieved with maximum availability. The more availability you provide us with, the more we can sell and generate revenue for you. This decision however lands with you as the property owner.
What am I required to have in my home? Guests expect a fully-furnished home when booking vacation rentals including appliances, cookware, glasses, silverware, internet, TV, etc. We are happy to work with you to ensure that all desirable amenities are in place.
How do you determine nightly rental rates? IPM actively studies current market statistics, comparable properties, and historical data and trends to determine fair market rates and seasonality. Nightly rates are regularly reviewed and adjustments are made as needed to keep our pricing for your home competitive and fair. It’s our shared goal with our owners to maximize each nightly rate. Rate ranges and minimum/maximum thresholds will be discussed with owners to avoid any miscommunications.
Are my expenses tracked and accounted for? Yes, all expenses are tracked and accounted for. A detailed account is provided within your end-of-month statement.
Do I have to worry about taxes? Yes. Each guest is charged the required tax amount on every reservation. We will remit these taxes to you on each monthly statement. You will then be required to submit these monies to the appropriate municipality.
When do I get paid for reservations? While most property management companies deliver Owner’s share of the Net Accommodation Revenue no later than the 15th day of the month following the month in which such amounts are earned, IPM prides itself on distributing net owner revenue by the last day of the month in which the revenue is earned. This means our owners receive their money weeks earlier than other property management companies.
Where is my home marketed? How do you enable online bookings? IPM will showcase your property on our directly managed website, www.ipmmaui.com and VRBO.com, both of which benefit from the traffic driven by aggressive Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing strategies. In addition to our directly managed websites, IPM will distribute your listing to a robust network of online travel agents.
How do you encourage repeat guest bookings? We pride ourselves on offering exceptional guest service around the clock, which gives your home increased repeat and referral guest revenue year after year. Our repeat guests are so excited to rebook that they often do so before returning home from their current vacation.
Do I need to arrange and pay for photography? At no cost to the homeowner, IPM provides professional home portfolio photography that is in line with current design and luxury hotel styling practices. Home listings are optimized to make your home more appealing to the right guests. Additionally, we also provide professional property consulting services to homeowners wanting to further their home’s appeal and marketability.